Friday, June 13, 2008

Course Feedback!!!

Visiting the schools and watching the students show off their talents and academic skills in each classroom was extremely helpful for me. Before I did not know if I wanted to remain teaching or focus more on counseling. This experience helped me realized that I can make a difference in my students’ lives and always be prepare for a new challenge in life.
Honestly, when I think about the course amount of work and reading, I would not change anything because the blogs were based on what was read and how I felt about urban schools and how to prepare myself in the urban settings. One thing, I would like to change is most of the readings. For example, instead of reading from scholars’ point of view of urban schools settings, how do the students who experience going to an urban school. I would like to see how they and what they would like to change about his or her schools.
Well I am more of a hands-on and observer learner. In all honest opinion, I enjoyed being in the classroom, but at the same I enjoyed visiting schools and being more in an elementary classroom environment. This experience would help even more if we visit more schools. Sometimes, it is not enough and then we could write more about it in our blogs. Overall, great class and wonderful teacher!!! Thanks Professor

No comments: